Millions of people have carpets in their homes and offices because of the ambiance it creates, and the appearance and comfort it offers. While carpet is a great choice for flooring, it is important that the homeowner properly care for the carpet by performing routine maintenance. Part of this routine maintenance is having the carpets professionally cleaned every 6 to 18 months depending on the extent of use. Although most people have seen advertisements for this type of service, they might not fully understand its benefits. Here is a list of the top five reasons to have your carpets professionally cleaned.
1. Health Benefits: Carpets tend to trap a variety of dust particles, bacteria, and allergens found in the home. Such airborne dust particles have been linked to the nose, sinus, and breathing problems such as asthma. If these contaminants are not removed from the carpet, they can cause many health problems, especially in young children. While vacuuming is certainly an important part of maintaining your carpet, it cannot eliminate such contaminants by itself. Dust, dirt, and bacteria that has accumulated on the carpet over a period of time can only be removed through professional grade products that are used to clean and sanitize your home as part of a professional cleaning service.
2. Prevention: Professional carpet cleaning can help prevent many serious problems. Among these problems is reducing or eliminating dust mite infestations. Many homes are infested with dust mites, yet the homeowners are not even aware that these microscopic creatures have taken over their carpet. Dust mites are a major source of allergens and professionals have the tools and products necessary to reduce or eliminate such infestations. In addition to dust mites, carpets are at high risk for developing mold. This is especially true in areas with high humidity levels. When moisture such as rain and snow is constantly being tracked in the house, it gets driven deep into the carpet fibers and can cause mold to grow. Routine carpet cleaning can help prevent the growth of mold in your carpet.
3. Smell: In addition to trapping a variety of allergens and bacteria, carpets also tend to trap odours. This is especially true if the homeowners have pets. Pet urine and farces can be one of the most difficult smells to remove from carpet fibers. However, professional companies have patented formula to help remove even the toughest odors from your carpet.
4. Appearance: While vacuuming and spot cleaning play a very important part in maintaining your carpet’s appearance, the most effective way to ensure your carpet keeps an attractive appearance is by having the carpets professionally cleaned at least twice a year. Not only will this ensure a deep clean for your carpets, but it will help to remove unwanted stains as well.
5. Extends the life of your carpet: Expert carpet cleaners provide you with peace of mind from knowing that your carpets have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Regular cleaning will ensure that your carpet looks its best, all year round. Since they are trained professionals, you can rest assured that they use tools and products that won’t harm or damage your carpets.
Carpets can be quite an investment, so it is important to protect that investment by properly caring for your carpet. Daily maintenance and routine cleanings by a professional will help you achieve more than just a good appearance. It will help to ensure that your home is clean, fresh and healthy.