- Always verify the GPM output of the supply hose is adequate for machine. Check supply filter.
- Always check engine and pump for proper level and color of oil before every use.
- Always shut unit down when letting go of the gun jet more than 30 – 45 seconds.
- Always change oils regularly every 250-300 hours of use (pump and engine).
- Always shut down burner first, run for 1-2 minutes or until cold, and then shut the engine down. (Applicable only to hot water units). Always run at full throttle while burner is on.
- Always make sure supply valve (house or jobsite) is open all the way.
- Always get valves adjusted every 300 hours or warranty is void.
- Always run antifreeze through unit during the winter months, and if more than two months will elapse between uses. If using during freezing temperatures, run antifreeze immediately after each use.
- Never walk away from a unit while running in by-pass for more than 45 seconds.
- Never kink supply or high pressure hose, or run over with a car or forklift.
- Never run a unit with water leaks anywhere on the machine (gun jet, hose, fittings, etc.).
- Never continue to run a unit with milky or metallic oil. Running a unit until it quits just to finish a job is costly.
- Never throttle down an engine while the burner is running, or shut down a unit while the burner is on.
- Never tip a machine over or run it at an angle: the oil will not properly lubricate the internal parts.
- Never allow the unit to freeze. Just blowing out water will still leave enough water in the unit to cause major damage when the unit freezes.