Why Regular Cleaning is Necessary
Just as the clothes we wear need regular washing to keep them fresh and hygienic, our carpets and upholstered furniture require periodic cleaning. Accumulated soil and grit are major causes of reduced carpet and fabric life, and enable destructive and health harmful mites and bacteria to work unchecked. Cleaning costs are minimal when you consider the replacement cost of carpets and furnishings, so regular cleaning makes economic sense too.
Little do most of us realize that what we are seeing is only a tiny fraction of the soil that a carpet contains. The visible grime we notice is only the tip of the iceberg; up to 85 percent of the dirt the carpet holds is buried deep within the pile. And when you consider that a carpet can eventually trap its own weight or more in soil – as much as 150 lbs for an average-sized living room – you’ll agree it’s no trivial matter.
Why Regular Cleaning is Necessary can ensure:
- Increased life expectancy – Eliminating many of the problems that may lead to carpet and soft furnishings needing to be replaced before their time.
- Stain Removal – No longer worry about concealing those discomforting spots, marks, and dried spillages, professional cleaning can ensure the removal of most stubborn stains.
- A more hygienic environment – Complete removal of general dust, soil, and accumulated debris.
- Improved appearance – Even the oldest of carpets and furniture can look brand new following professional cleaning.
- Elimination of mites and bacteria – Reducing the risk of allergies, mold, and many other potential problems.
- Deodorisation – Most odors can be eliminated by general professional cleaning and NCCA members can offer specialist treatments to ensure a fresh, clean smelling carpet.
Vacuuming Is Not Enough
Regular vacuuming is a necessity to keep your carpets clean and hygienic, and some of you will use other equipment to help maintain and preserve your valuable floor coverings. However, most domestic vacuum cleaners, shampooers, and steamers, even the more powerful ones, haven’t got what it takes to get rid of that deep-down dirt or nasty germs. This is one of those jobs for the professionals, with their highly sophisticated equipment and the training and experience to know how, when, and where to use it.